It is our nature to always be growing and moving forward: becoming wiser, deepening and expanding our relationships with others, and feeling ever more vital and engaged in our lives. It is also part of life that we get stuck in various ways: psychic wounds, bad habits, and outmoded ways of being in the world.
In therapy we engage in an unflinching inquiry into what is most present for us. We find our way to our embodied, authentic selves in the present moment – a place from which change is possible. As importantly, we create a rich, deep and compassionate relationship in the therapeutic encounter – a place from which healing is possible.
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Counselor and a Certified Counselor with the National Board for Certified Counselors. My job experience includes directing a mental health facility for those with severe and persistent mental illness. I have worked at a sliding scale counseling clinic for a number of years providing therapy to adults, children and families. I have worked with adults and youth at drug addiction treatment facilities. Before entering the counseling field, I was the Garden Director at Santa Cruz’s Homeless Garden Project. A partial list of my non-university trainings include:
- Existential Psychotherapy Steward in In-Depth Communication earned through 4-year training from The International Institute for Humanistic Studies.
- Motivational Interviewing Intensive Through Santa Cruz Community Counseling Center and Front St. Inc., Santa Cruz, CA
- Domestic Violence Advocacy Training Through the Walnut Avenue Women’s Center, Santa Cruz, CA
- Mediation Skills Training Trained with the Conflict Resolution Center of Santa Cruz County
- Rainbow Training Trained to work with LGBT clients at Family Services Agency, Santa Cruz, CA
- Gestalt Therapy Work Scholar at Esalen Institute, Big Sur, CA
- Radical Counseling Certificate from Interchange, a 1-year counselor training program, San Francisco, CA